Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm going to Lithuania!

Hello friends,

I'm currently sitting in the overcrowded library computer room...and should probably be studying or something, or letting somebody else use this computer...BUT I decided it would be much more beneficial for life to create this blog.

It is the last day of classes and finals are swarming around...and I can't help but say "Holy crap where did the semester go!" I have been having an absolutely glorious semester (minus all the stress of course), and it will be difficult to leave all of the good times and wonderful people behind.

HOWEVER...Lithuania is calling my name and I am getting nervous...and excited for this adventure. I leave on January 7th and will return to the US of A on May 15th...but don't expect to see me on that day, for I will be overwhelmed by jet lag and reverse culture shock.

I really wanted to start a blog to keep in touch with you all. I think you can subscribe to this and receive notices when I write a new blog. I will be recording my experiences, observations, mood swings, prayer requests...you name it. This is in attempt to keep you all a part of my life. I hope I will be able to know what is going on back home as well--you can e-mail me at naomi-thorson@bethel.edu or write me a real letter (which I adore) at an address TBA.

Have a wonderful finals week, a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year...and all that jazz--then it's happy bon voyage for me. (Prayers are needed!!).

I will write again to share more about my program and what I expect to be doing over there--but for now, I need to focus on the present...which is a long to-do list. :)

1 comment:

Emily K said...

Omi! That's so exciting...Lithuania...but first... before you leave... we must have coffee. No excuses :)