Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dad's Lithuania Adventure

Well, the adventure has begun for my fearless father. His flight was delayed into Helsinki...by an hr! So he missed the connecting flight to Vilnius. So I have been frantically emailing with him as he is (probably) paying an arm or a leg for internet usage. My angel friend Gintare is the one who really saved the day. She made him a reservation at the hotel across the street from the airport (he won't get there until 11pm, which is in a half an hr). She also called and left him a message about the bus times to Klaipeda Sunday morning.

So please pray that he finds the hotel okay and can rest easily and get a bus soon to Klaipeda! Also pray that he finds a way to contact me!

Thank the Lord for Gintare and for the Internet. Gintare and I communicated everything via facebook. (She lives off campus!)

So our reunion has been delayed, which is disappointing but we will make the best of it. It is probably for the best though, because my goal was to be packed up before Dad got here...and I'm still not packed! Life just keeps on happening...who wants to pack in the midst of so much excitement?

Today was graduation at LCC. Everything was in English and translated into Lithuanian. There was a Russian translation as well, but they had headphones. At the baccalaureate there was a series of bible verses read in all of the languages of the students graduating. Wow!

I am having kind of weird emotions lately. Like I can't really tell what I'm feeling...it's like I'm feeling everything...and nothing at the same time. It's so weird to say goodbye to people...goodbye forever in most cases. Goodbye forever. I've never done that before...not consciously.

A week from now I will be home. That is such a weird feeling!! This week is going to be tons of fun though. I'm excited to spend it with my dad! I'm sure he will want to share his experience, and if he sends out an emails I might copy them onto here as well.

Have a blessed weekend!

-Naomi

No comments: